Arai GP-6 RC (w/anchors, 8860)
The carbon fibre GP-6 RC incorporates the very best Arai technology to meet the FIA 8860-2010 standard. The new GP-6 RC is the obvious choice for drivers competing in Formula 1, GP2, A1 GP, FIA GT, WTCC and other classes where the stringent FIA 8860-2010 regulations apply. The state of the art Arai GP-6RC helmet is a stunning example of Arai’s vision and technology made into a real world piece of equipment. It is made from a proprietary weave of carbon fiber that combines the existing light weight and high strength of Carbon Fiber with added flexibility which standard CF does not possess. This flexibility of the GP-6RC shell allows the helmet to flex on impact and not splinter or shatter like standard CF is known to do. This gives Arai the ability to produce a helmet ready for the demands and requirements of Formula 1 Racing. All our know how and experience we gained in years of F1 racing, is incorporated in this helmet. Perfect aerodynamic properties, improved ventilation and unsurpassed fit and comfort all make the GP-6 RC the ultimate racing helmet. All GP-6 RC helmets come standard with a PED set and Emergency Release System cheek pads. Improved visor lock that can be operated with one hand with gloves, smooth Nomex® neckroll, Kevlar® chin straps and Nomex® lining. The new GP-6 RC comes complete with a ped set, extra set of ventilation ducts and of course fitted FHR anchors and all obligatory FIA labels.
- Large 10mm intake and exhaust holes for increased airflow (front vents are closeable)
- New shield pivot hardware with redesigned track slider for improved aerodynamics
- Wider eye port for increased peripheral vision
- New positive shield locking mechanism provides solid shield latching while allowing normal operation
- Factory installed FHR anchors with Arai logos, newly integrated seats for FHR posts provide a flat surface for the anchor to sit flush around its entire perimeter
- Proprietary Carbon Fiber weave provides strong yet flexible shell allowing improved performance while keeping weight and size to a minimum
- Arai 6 Series 3mm thick visor (not interchangeable with GP-5)
- Removable cheek pads for a custom fit (feature Emergency Release System tabs for easy helmet removal in an accident)
- Includes: a ped set, extra set of ventilation ducts and of course fitted FHR anchors and all obligatory FIA labels FIA8860-2010 AND SNELL SAH2010 APPROVED
Fit the measured size. Focus on your head size (crown fit) measurement first, e.g. the area contacted by a baseball caps' band. Do not be concerned with facial fit at this stage. When you can't get the helmet past your cheeks or jaws, do not think it's too small and reach for a bigger size. The helmet must fit your head!
How? Remove the cheek pads and try on helmet sizes until you get that snug crown fit. For the most comfort the interior must fit snugly all around the crown of your head. You should feel some pressure at all the contact points around the interior perimeter, too much pressure could become uncomfortable in the future.
Finally, Arai's optional cheek pad thicknesses, and on some models the replaceable interiors, can fine-tune your personal fit. All Arai cheek pads can be replaced with a size that better suits your facial structure. But this fit should be addressed only when the crown size is correct.
Besides the replaceable cheek pads, selected models feature the "Peel-away Cheek Pad Layer" and "Peel-away Temple Pad Layer". The pads of these models can be made thinner easily by removing a 5 mm thick peel-away layer for added room if needed.
In special cases, Arai helmets can be made to measure.
We offer up to 6 different sizes outer shells. Unlike many other manufacturers Arai provides one size outer shell for each two helmet sizes for most models, adding up to four outer shell sizes within limited models. Starting with XXXS (49-50) for really small heads up to XXXL (65-66) for really large heads.
DELIVERY LEAD TIME: 2-3 working days.
DELIVERY LEAD TIME (when out of stock): approx. 10 working days. Lead times may be longer if the product is not in stock with the manufacturer.